Monday, August 1, 2016

Jun 27, 2016

Mission Conference

I just love the trek picture in our front yard I showed my comp and she said the trek looks beautiful and I told her that's our front yard. Also super cool Shon went!

This week was exciting we had a mission conference so we had to go to Ti
rana. We got to go down with the Larsons and they went the night before so we ended up staying with some of the Tirana sisters, One sister was from my MTC group and the other was from Motra Fulop's group (expect they were the only two) so that was fun. Oh and I was back in the 3rd ward house that was the house I was trained in. It's funny how throughout my whole mission I have been able to to visit that house! 

So at mission conference all the missionaries going home give a testimony, So it was going to be weird to see all my group (or all the sisters in my group) give their testimonies. and my comp asked if I was sad that I wasn't going with them but actually it was the opposite I was quite glad that it wasn't my time! But it defiantly makes me think of the time I do have left. It's kinda an extra special gift. but I did get a surprise I did get asked to bear my testimony too. Not that you have to be prepared for it but everyone usually puts lots of thought into it but I just read one of my favorite quotes.

This is the quote that I shard in my testimony. I love it so much! This has been in my mind ever scene I read it! For me it perfectly describes why we do what we do! "When we comprehend His voluntary Atonement, any sense of sacrifice on our part becomes completely overshadowed by a profound sense of gratitude for the privilege of serving Him."  -Russell M. Nelson

So the best lesson of the week, was with Hope! She stayed after church (so she had already been their for two hours) and we had a lesson on prayer and I have so many scriptures I just love about prayer ( 2 Nephi 32:8-9; Alma 37:36-37) But she is struggling to pray because she said she used to pray but when she needed it the most she said He wasn't there. So we told her we would try to explain more next time. And so she asked me to say the closing prayer. I don't really remember all that I said. I do remember asking that she could feel Heavenly Father's love. So at the end I look up and she is crying and my companion is crying. Then Motra Fulop said I think I am feeling a little of Heavenly Father's love for you. I am grateful for his love and I am grateful that the spirit was there to testify to Hope of the Father's love.

He loves us I love you!

Motra Henderson




MTC group now and then


oh yeah and a doughnut I tried in Tirana




No comments:

Post a Comment